Who are we?
Triangle Babywearers is 501(c)3 non-profit organization, run entirely by a dedicated volunteer team. We serve a large geographic area and a lot of members, and are always in need of more help! (Here’s why.)
The volunteers get to know each other better and become friends and supporters over time. We have several different ways that you can get more involved. For each of them, we’d really like for you to first be an active, dues-paying member of Triangle Babywearers and be able to commit to attending one event per month. Got that covered?? Great!
Below is a list of our basic volunteer positions. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please complete our volunteer interest form!
This is where all of our volunteers start out. Support Volunteers are the lovely people who join us at events to help set up, assist with sign-in, welcome new attendees, process carrier returns and check outs, and help with other non-teaching tasks. If you have additional skills outside of event help, please let us know and we will try to put them to good use!
A Volunteer Educator teaches, leads Babywearing Learn & Play meetups, and helps wearers troubleshoot babywearing issues online and in person. They have been trained and assessed by the Triangle Babywearers’ Education Committee.
You won’t learn it all on your own though; the Education Committee and other volunteers are here to answer questions and walk you though the process. You’ll start as an Educator in Training after working with an Education Coordinator to learn 5 key elements to our teaching: Safety, Inclusive Language, Babywearing Stances, Active Listening, and Demo Basics. Educators in Training can then become certified in individual carrier elements and work towards completing the Educator Skill Assessment when they are ready (depending on experience and training).
- Become a member of our Triangle Babywearers’ Planning group
- Agree to the Code of Conduct
- Are covered by Triangle Babywearers insurance when serving as a volunteer.
- Become voting members and may serve in a leadership role after 3 months.
- Get access to volunteer benefits! Exclusive access to deals offered by babywearing business and our group and extra carrier check outs from the lending library at the end of every meetup.
- Pay dues. Volunteers start with the $30 annual membership and may choose to renew their membership as a volunteer to keep member benefits. Renewing volunteers no longer interested in member benefits can renew at $10 annually. Volunteers that meet additional volunteer support goals are renewed at no cost.
Great! When do I start!?
First- help us “meet” you — We want to put a face to your name, so after completing the volunteer interest form, come to an event, introduce yourself as a volunteer, and meet some of our current volunteers. It will also give us a chance to answer any questions you may have. You can also send email to email@example.com at any time with your questions about volunteering.
We’re excited to welcome you to the lovely group of people we call volunteers!